About Me

My photo
Springfield, MO, United States
A few facts about me... i love my family. i have a more than precious little girl, Ava. i find my only source of strength in Christ. i love my friends. i'm loud. i love to laugh. i really like to dance although only my true friends have seen it. rain is my favorite. i smile at all strangers. i love to take care of people. i love harry potter. the only time i eat popcorn is at the movies. i could eat hot wings everyday. i strive to make my brothers laugh. i love football. i can't go a day without music. i hate fixing my hair. i wish i had dreadlocks. i only like coffee drinks that don't taste like coffee. knock-knock jokes crack me up. i love to read. i hate school but love to learn. i want to live in ireland. i live in springfield. i love to be barefoot. my favorite smell is glass cleaner. i hate shopping. i hate when people think they are better than everyone else. i love funny people. i like tattoos. these are just a few things that make me me.
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

"i want Jesus, Mommy!"

once again, my two-year-old had taught me an important lesson.  
ava has recently fallen in love with praying to Jesus. it started with bedtime prayers. i would put her in bed, we would sing a couple songs and read a book or two, then say our prayers. it has recently turned into a slight obsession. at any given moment, without caring where we are or what we are doing, she will clasp her tiny hands together, close her eyes and exclaim at the tops of her lungs, "i want Jesus, Mommy!", to which i must do the same and proceed to pray for every single person we know. (and she will let me know if i forget someone!)  i, or course, think it's absolutely precious.  although yesterday's spontaneous prayer session occurred while i was driving. i tried to explain to ava that mom couldn't clasp her hands together and close her eyes to pray because she was driving. of course, being a two-year-old she didn't understand this. and as a determined two-year-old, she was upset about it!  so she proceeded to scream, "i want Jesus, Mommy! i want Jesus, Mommy!" while waving her tightly clasped hands at me in the rearview mirror. we were less than a mile from home at this point so i let her cry the rest of the way and we then prayed as soon as the car stopped. she was then satisfied and happy that she had prayed for everyone she knew. 

now obviously i realize that i can talk to God with my eyes open while i'm driving. (it just happens to be unacceptable to my two-year-old!) but this little prayer fiasco made me think. how often do i let everyday life get in the way of my communication with God? and how often do i get truly upset when i haven't had enough time in His presence? how often am i willing to drop everything and pray at the very moment the Spirit leads me, regardless of what i am doing?  to all of these, i would answer: not often enough.

just a humbling little lesson from ava.

4 comments:

ephesiansTwo10 said...

Such an amazing little woman that God has blessed you with. When I think of what you've come thru and then see Ava and hear stories, I know that God gave you an extra special gift when she came into your life. I got to see her "snowman" song today when your dad was here. So cute. Love ya girl and we're still praying for you. Have a great week!

:brittany// said...

love this.

nugget said...

Hey enjoying your blog Jamie.

I have never experienced a "prayer fiasco" I think that would be funny. People just out of control, trying to out pray each other, yelling, just turning into a riot. Thats what I imagine a prayer fiasco being. Good times

nlamarre said...

This is so good, Jamie. I am glad you wrote about, so you will never forget this precious moment with Ava, and the lesson learned.

~Nicole