About Me

My photo
Springfield, MO, United States
A few facts about me... i love my family. i have a more than precious little girl, Ava. i find my only source of strength in Christ. i love my friends. i'm loud. i love to laugh. i really like to dance although only my true friends have seen it. rain is my favorite. i smile at all strangers. i love to take care of people. i love harry potter. the only time i eat popcorn is at the movies. i could eat hot wings everyday. i strive to make my brothers laugh. i love football. i can't go a day without music. i hate fixing my hair. i wish i had dreadlocks. i only like coffee drinks that don't taste like coffee. knock-knock jokes crack me up. i love to read. i hate school but love to learn. i want to live in ireland. i live in springfield. i love to be barefoot. my favorite smell is glass cleaner. i hate shopping. i hate when people think they are better than everyone else. i love funny people. i like tattoos. these are just a few things that make me me.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

obsessed.

i am currently reading 'Crazy Love' by Frances Chan. it is an amazing read and i highly recommend it. 


"People who are obsessed with Jesus aren't consumed with their
personal safety and comfort above all else.
Obsessed people care more about God's kingdom coming to this 
earth than their own lives being shielded from pain 
or distress."


i want to be obsessed. i want to care more about God's glory than my own life continuing without pain and distress. the past two years of my life have been nothing but pain and distress, and honestly i can't say that i have been more concerned about God's glory than my own happiness. i want that to change though. i want Him to change that in me.

1 comment:

nugget said...

Hey JAmie. So I dunno if this is why you are reading it but check out http://stufffchristianslike.blogspot.com/2008/12/oh-stedman-you-rascal.html

They are starting a book club and the first book is...yep you guessed it "Crazy Love"!